Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Soren!


Soren turned 3 this week!  It was a very fun and exciting week as a result.  We didn't have an official party, but we had some playdates and family dinner.  We'll have a party next weekend with my parents when they come to visit.


On Monday, we started the birthday celebrations.  Soren received a box in the mail from Nana and Papa.  We did a little webcame with Nana so that she could see Soren opening his presents.





I also had a visit from my visiting teachers.  Soren enjoyed having some other children to play with during our visit.

On Tuesday, we had another busy day.  I got Keira off to school, and Soren played with his new toys for a bit.

Then I took Soren to the gym for speedwork.  We did storytime outside of pottery barn as our usual Tuesday activity.

We also had Soren's birthday pictures taken this afternoon.  This was the first time I had to take the kids to have their pictures taken on my own, without Linda, in a long time!  She has even helped out when Ryan was there.  Needless to say, I was a bit nervous, as it went really badly the last time I did it without her.  However, the kids did great. 

It was a really nice temperature outside when we got home, so we played outside for a little bit.


On Wednesday, Soren got up super early.  I think he was up at the same time Keira was for school. 


The good news is that this meant that I could go running first thing before going visiting teaching. 


I got in 2 appointments today before Keira came home from school.  It was early release day, so I didn't have a ton of time.  We also had a playdate scheduled with Hannah and Sammy from across the street because they cannot attend Soren's get together next weekend.


On Thursday, it was Soren's actual birthday.  He woke up pretty early again.  We did get Keira on the bus OK, though, with him up.

We did have a bit of time to relax in the morning before heading to the gym.  I felt a little bad about taking him on his birthday since I know how much he complains about it, but I had a pretty fun day planned for him.  They also gave him a big bunch of balloons while we were there.  They were inflating them for decoration, and I asked for just one.  After the gym, we went to Chick Fil A for lunch, his favorite.  They really hooked us up.  We got free ice cream and a little cow present for him. 


After lunch, we had just enough time to head out to La Grange, to check out the Flying Dutchess again.  We were also fortunate to have a modern train go by us before we needed to leave to be home for Keira.





Soren and his balloons:


While we waited for Ryan to get home, we went to the playground that Soren really likes to play a bit.  They had fun on the playground, as well as picking up nuts from the ground and putting them on these mulch mounds.





Soren asked to go to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner, but there is not one here.  We went to 5 guys instead.  He was a bit bummed out about that, but ate his dinner just fine.  We went home so that he could eat cake and open presents.  It was a full and fun day!









On Friday, Soren woke up early again.  I had a visiting teaching appointment at 11, which I had scheduled so that I could swim in the morning.  I wasn't really excited to swim, but since I had time, we did it.  Soren had a good time at my visiting teaching appointment, and then we went to Costco.  We got a little lost trying to connect our appointment with Costco, but we came across this cool caboose.  We aren't sure what it is for, as it was roped off.  Soren was devastated that he wasn't allowed on it, so I let him since no one was around. 


On Saturday, we had another full day.  Soren, rather than sleeping in on Saturday, got up about 10 minutes earlier than he usually does, which was about 10 minutes after I get up to get Keira ready for school.  I went for a run, and then Ryan went for a ride.  Keira had a birthday party to attend, so I got her dropped off there.  It was a dance themed party, and a dance instructor came to teach the girls a dance routine.  I missed them doing the routine when I went to pick her up, but all the moms that stayed said Keira did a great job.



Soren crashed on the couch while watching TV in the basement.  That couch is so comfy!  Ryan finished watching the game while Soren slept and I ran a couple errands, searching for some replacement running shoes.  I did not find them in KY, but managed to get some ordered.  I think they should come in time for either Tuesday or Wednesday's workouts.

Once the game was over, we made our second attempt to head out to Huber's in Starlight, IN.  We ran into bad traffic again, but since there was not an accident, it wasn't as bad.  Once we got off the freeway, we had a pretty drive through the country to get to the farm.  It was huge, and busy.  Their children's area required an admission which included 4 tickets.  We were able to do the mini tractor ride in the "cow barrels" and the inflatable slide with that.  The playground and large slide did not require tickets.  I was really surprised how easily Keira and Soren went down the long slide.  It looked very intimidating, and I got a really cool picture of Keira going down it.
























We had planned to have dinner there at the farm, however, there was a long wait and they were serving a family style buffet this evening.  That meant that it would be very pricey for us to eat there.  We picked up some cider, apple butter, and apple cinnamon BBQ sauce at the store, and headed home.  We were bummed that they didn't have donuts, but overall, we had a great time.  It was definitely not as easy to get to as the farms and cider mills in MI, but still a great time. 

We got home and got pizza ordered in time for Ryan go to go the Priesthood Session of General Conference.

On Sunday, we were excited to be able to watch General Conference on our own television in our home!  The cable company picked it up after requests were made, as it has been done in the past here.  It was great to not worry about internet buffering problems, and we were able to record in on the DVR too.  It was so much easier to watch it in our new home than  in the basement at our old condo.  We also spent some time trying to organize the basement and watched the final session on the TV in the basement.






No comments: