Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy 9th Anniversary!

This week Ryan and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  We had a pretty busy week aside from that too.  We got our ski trip booked too!

Monday was a pretty usual day.  Keira went to school and I took Soren to the gym. 

Keira had  ballet, and we were actually ready in plenty of time for her to play around in her ballet clothes beforehand.

On Tuesday, I got Keira off to school, and then headed to the gym.  We got there in plenty of time today to not be rushed to storytime.  Soren was happy that there was not a storm today.

When we got home, Soren built a very long train track that extended from the playroom to his room.

They also played with the electric tea lights while I worked on trying to figure out our ski trip plans.  I spent a lot of time on the computer and on the phone getting costs together for going to West Virginia, and then started comparing the costs to going to Utah.  We didn't book to Utah today, but thought on it a night.  I was a bit worried, since we were looking at flights exactly 3 weeks from today, and wondered if things would change once they got "less than 3 weeks out".  However, there were still a lot of pieces to put together before we could make such a dramatic change.  It is not typical for us to decide in a matter of hours to fly to Utah. 

On Wednesday, it was our 9th wedding anniversary.  It was also Keira's 100th day of school.  Keira wanted to wear a party dress to school and it was an early release day.  As a result, there wasn't really time for Soren and I to meet up with Ryan for lunch if we waited until the restauarants to actually serve lunch.  I took Soren to the gym, and then when we got back, we went over to a friends' house from both school and ballet.  Keira was excited to play with Kaylie, and Soren had her younger brother, Jacob, to play with.  I also enjoyed being able to get to know Ginger a bit better.    Once we got home, I talked with Ryan some more about the tickets.  We were going to go for it.  Ryan had a lot of trouble getting it booked at work.  The prices kept changing as he was trying to book.  Evenutally, he just came home so we could go out to dinner as a family to Smash Burger. 

After dinner, we finally got it booked!  We had to play with the days a bit.  Keira will miss an extra day of school, and we will have one day less with Kris and Linda.  Soren has not been to Utah ever, so it should be a really fun time for everyone.

On Thursday, I had my long run at the gym, and then got some lunch.  We didn't do much else, as Soren has been pretty worn out all week.   We were out a bit later than usual for dinner last night, so both kids were pretty tired.

On Friday, Soren woke up pretty much when Keira got on the bus.  It worked out well, though, because I was able to take Soren to the storytime at the La Grange library.  We missed it 2 weeks ago, and didn't even try last week.  We have to be at the gym pretty much by 9 for me to get in my workout, shower, and make it on time.  Soren hadn't been to a library storytime in a while, so he was used to them being really short like at the mall.  He was anxious to play and craft the whole time, but he did great.  He was really excited about this craft.

No trip to La Grange is complete without checking out the train.

I have now decided that large burritos count as "carbo loading" due to the rice and tortilla.  They also have protein from the beans and chicken, so we went to Moe's for dinner. 

Saturday was a busy day for Ryan and I, and rather lazy for Keira and Soren.  They were both really tired.  I ran 16 miles, and Ryan did two sufferfest DVDs.  That took a good portion of the day.  We had Brianna come over to babysit, and Ryan got pizza for the them so we could go to Mitchell's Fish Market for dinner.  We were starving after our workouts.  We had a great dinner and then went to see Sherlock Holmes.  It was a fun movie.

The kids had a rough night on Saturday night.  Soren woke up twice, and after the second time, came into our room.  Keira came into our room (because Soren left the door open) a bit before the alarm was supposed to go off, and woke everyone up.  We made it to church and stayed after for a linger longer.  We completely forgot about it, so we felt bad we didn't have a dish, but were encouraged to stay anyway.  I am glad we did.  As it turns out, our ward plans to have them the 4th Sunday of every month. 

Ryan went home teaching and then we had our home teachers come over.  It was a good Sunday.

No comments: