Sunday, May 23, 2010

More of the Usual

This week wasn't very extraordinary, we had our usual fun that consisted of hanging out at our playground, other playgrounds, as well as the typical bike riding and running. We did have Keira celebrate her birthday about a month early at school, since school will be out by the time it really comes around.

On Monday, we didn't do much. We played outside before it started to rain. I made cookies for Keira to take to school as her birthday treat.

On Tuesday, Keira brought in her treat to school. She was pretty excited about it, and they made her a little crown. She was funny, because she didn't get a pink cookie while at school, and specifically asked if there were any pink ones left over. I was really glad I saved one for her. They made a cute birthday crown for her to wear, but she wouldn't wear it at home. She also made fish projects at school.

On Wednesday, we had a crazy evening, because it was the first nice day in a while where riding was possible for both of us. Nana came over to watch Keira and Soren so I could get in a road bike ride at Island Lake. I had planned to ride one lap on my own, and one lap with the TIA group. Unfortunately, I got stuck in terrible traffic on 96. Later, I learned there had been a chemical spill on the freeway that had it closed not far from the park. Thankfully (I thought), I exited the freeway as soon as it started backing up, and started to take Grand River. Grand River turned out to be a mess as well. I was just sitting in traffic, crawling along, and I was running out of time to get in my lap before the group started. I was super frustrated when I noticed that I was in front of our former RS President's subdivision, AND that there was a bike path on the side of the road that I believed connected right into IL. I did a quick turn around, stashed my car after a quick hello, and then road the rest of the way into the park, on the nice traffic-free bike path. It was just before 5, so I was considering waiting on the group, but ran into Cristina's friend Julie, who I had ridden with the previous week, and we took off early, just to save time. I got in 18 miles, including the extra miles to and from Jan's house. I was also able to make it home in time to head out to Maybury with Ryan. Keira brought her bike, and rode as well. We had a great time, and things worked out really well.

Soren was amazed at how high Daddy could swing!

Thursday was very warm. Keira learned about the beach, and did another fish project. Soren kept trying to eat this project:

After school, we went to the Sports Park with two of Keira's classmates, Madison and Angela. Angela didn't stay that long, but Madison didn't leave until we did.

On Friday, it was wet again. We met up with Nana at the mall for some indoor fun.

That evening, it poured! We hit the REI anniversary sale, and it rained so hard while we were there, and we got rained on a bit when we went to Noodles for dinner.

On Saturday, Ryan was able to do his ride. We were pretty unsure if it would happen, but about a dozen riders showed up, and they did their full route. It was pretty wet at times, but he was glad he rode. While he was gone, Keira found a worm on the sidewalk. I was really surprised that she wasn't afraid of it, but she just picked it up and watched it squirm around. She was very curious about which end was the front.

Keira had complained about her ears bothering her, so we were able to get an appointment with her doctor, and it took forever to learn that Keira did indeed have a mild ear infection. After that, I was finally able to get in my run.
Soren is so funny. He has a great sense of humor, and is always doing things to make us laugh. Everything is a phone. After dinner, he started to talk on his "foot phone". He will hold up anything (bread, shoe, plate, macaroni and cheese box, you name it) to his head, and say, "Hello" listen, and then say"Bye", and laugh.

After dinner, we went to Guernsey's Dairy for some real ice cream. Soren didn't eat any, again. We enjoyed playing outside. Soren is getting really good at picking out cars, and was able to correctly identify cars as being Nana's and Grandma and Grandpas while we were eating.

On Sunday, we attended Stake Conference, so I got a break from the stress of running Primary, and instead had to keep Keira and Soren entertained for 2 hours instead of 70 minutes. They were great for about those first 70 minutes, and then it was constantly in and out of the chapel and building. After that, we went over to Nana and Papa's for lunch. Soren really enjoyed the creme brulee for dessert, and had a huge tantrum when he learned it was all gone.

Up for next week, we have my big Olympic Tri, as well as Memorial Day weekend festivities. I will be taking it easy this week on my training to rest up for my race.

No comments: