Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thank You!




We have a lot to be thankful for. We have our two beautiful children, and caring family and friends. This week has been a week where we have received much service from our family and friends. We are very grateful for our parents who have provided a lot of help with Keira so that I can take care of Soren. She spent the night at Nana and Papa's house on Sunday, and my mom was here Monday night until Friday evening to help out. We are also very grateful for our friends that have brought us meals this week. We would like to thank the Blankenships, Olson's, Lorenc's, and Bachison's for their wonderful meals. They were such a great help to us. Thank you cards have been written, but not sent/delivered yet.


We also had General Conference this past weekend, and it made me really thankful for the time that we live in. Hearing the stories about the hardships the pioneers faced always makes grateful that we are not being persecuted, even though we have many different trials today that they did not have. I am very grateful for the advancements of science, and the ability for me to have both of my children in a hospital. It makes me so sad to think about all of the mothers and children that died while crossing the country, and it makes me wonder if that would not have happened to me. I had medical intervention for both of my children's births, with Keira having a short stay in NICU, and I am grateful for the doctors and hospital staff that helped my children into this world.
We watched Conference over at Kris and Linda's, so it was Soren's first visit to Nana and Papa's house.


This week was surprisingly busy. We had a lot of outings, which was fun. Soren had his first shopping experience as a trip to REI. We also were able to get out for a walk with the new stroller around the neighborhood, as well as make it to Maybury two times.




We also had our first trip to Costco. It took some planning, but we took 2 cars and used 2 carts- one of groceries and one of the children. We could have unloaded my stroller from the trunk and probably have gotten away with 1 car, but Keira got to ride in Grandma's car, which was fun for her. She also got to have her first top down convertible ride. I am not looking forward to my first Meijer trip, though, because I don't know where all the groceries will go. At least Costco has the huge carts and I can put a lot in the basket even with Soren in it.



My mom took Keira to Kindermusik on Thursday. Keira seemed to miss me at the class, so I took her to the Novi Public Library storytime on Friday while my mom watched Soren. We just didn't think it was a good idea to take him to a room of potentially germy 2 year olds just yet. Keira was really sad that Grandma didn't come, but was happy to be there with me (once we got there).


Ryan was able to go to the Michigan game today, and Kris and Linda watched Keira during it so that Soren and I could spend the day together. We did some errands that would have been hard with both children, and I was able to catch up on some housework and rest.

Finally, check our our real live Halloween decorations! This spider is in a web between our condo and our neighbors. It is a little hard to tell from this shot, but the spider was about 2-3 inches in size, and it crawled up our water spout before we could get another shot with something to reference for size. Keira loved it, running around screaming, "Huge Spider!"

1 comment:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

O.K. Melissa.. you kill me! Jeans and you are already out getting exercise. You are amazing an look wonderful. Baby Soren is such a cute little guy and is so lucky to have such fun parents and a sweet big sister. You are such a cute family! Please call if you need anything! Maybe we could go for a run... oh wait.. I haven't exercised in years and could not keep up with you! You are a great motivator for me, maybe someday I will be able to keep up with you and we could hit the pavement together!