Monday, May 28, 2012

Horsey Hundred and Memorial Day 2012

This was the first week that the Keira had off from school.  It was nice to relax a bit during the week, and we had a big weekend!  Kent, Valerie, and my parents came to visit so that we could do the Horsey Hundred on Saturday!

Monday was the first day in several days that I did not have to wake up early!  We had a little bit of time to relax, but when you get more sleep, you have to get up and get out of the house right away to make sure I could get to the gym and my workout done.  10 miles on the treadmill for today!

Tuesday we were up and out so that I could swim today.  I did a specific workout and it was hard!  I couldn't get it done before I ran out of pool time and time to get to the storytime.  This was Keira's first storytime in a long time.  We hung out a bit at the mall afterwards, getting pretzels and playing by the fountain.

That evening, we had pack presentation.  Keira played at Sammy's house so that she didn't need to go.  She didn't have a great time last time.  They had been cleaning the carpets at the church, and Soren was afraid.  We got into the room, and then Soren was fine, until the first cheer.  Soren lost it, so we headed out and called it a night.

On Wednesday, we ran on Old La Grange Rd with the double stroller.  It was the first double stroller run in a long time, and it was so heavy!  I was able to get the run done, but it was hard.

On Thursday, we went to the gym instead of running outside.  It was a pretty low key day, but we did some errands to get things ready for the upcoming weekend.

On Friday, we had a full day.  We started the morning at the gym, and then headed to get the oil changed in the truck.  It was a nice day, and we snacked outside.  Soren's donut pack had a couple that were not good anymore!  Yuck!  Poor kiddo. 

We spent the rest of the afternoon running around and getting the house and things ready for our company.  Kent and Valerie arrived first, and it was so great to see them.  My parents arrived a little later, and we cooked a carbo loading dinner at home.  We turned in early so that we could be up early for our ride!

On Saturday, we headed to Georgetown, KY, for the Horsey Hundred.  Ryan and Kent were doing the 102 mile route, and Valerie and I were doing the 76 mile route.  This was Ryan's first century of the year and my first time riding this far ever!  My previous furthest route was 60 miles.  We got in and took a few pre-ride photos. 

We stayed together for a few miles, but once the guys got passed by one group, they realized it was time to separate from us and take off.  It was a hot day, so Valerie and I stopped at almost every rest stop to get water.  I think there was one we skipped.  Valerie and I felt good the whole ride.  It seemed like a good portion of our route was shaded, but it was so hot in the sun!  There were these awesome cookies that I really liked at the rest stops.   We finished our ride and got some lunch while we waited for the guys to finish up.  The heat got to Kent a little more than Ryan.  We hung while the guys ate their lunch, and then had to say our goodbyes.  We wished they could have stayed more with us!

We made it back to our house, and learned about the fun that my parents had with the kids.  They went to the Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, which is right by our house.    They didn't stay that much later once we returned.  The day went by so fast!

Sunday was a much needed relaxing day.  We attended church, and stayed for the Linger Longer.  I was finally prepared and brought a pasta salad! 

Monday was Memorial Day.  We spent the day doing a lot of work on the yard.  I went on a run, and it was so hot!  We went to Quest Outdoor store, and then got lunch at 5 Guys.  We went to Lowes and bought mulch and flowers, and then spent some time in the heat working to weed, plant, and mulch around the trees and flower beds.  The house looks great!

Then it was Ryan's turn to go for his ride.  We had dinner at home and then went to Norton Commons to get gelato.  Norton Commons is a new development that has an old small town charm to it.

It was a great way to kick off summer break!

No comments: