Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MI Trip to Celebrate with the Cousins

This week was relatively low key as usual.  Our weekend was even more packed this week than last.  I took the kids to MI to attend Avery's baptism and Lleyton's birthday party.  We also threw in some cider mills/farms too while we were there.

On Monday, Keira has school and ballet.  I had a great swim while she was at school. 

Soren had a blast mowing the lawn.   It was a nice day for a mow!

On Tuesday, I took Soren to a special Curious George storytime at PBK.  He was afraid at first of George, but he enjoyed the story.  By the time the story was over, he had warmed up enough for a picture.

I also made some banana muffins, and Keira had a blast making paper dolls from catalogs.  She will get really involved, and stay occupied for a long time.

On Wednesday, I took the truck into the dealership since the blower motor had gone out on the climate control.  We spent most of the morning there, but did have enough time to squeeze in a run before Keira came home from school.

Keira and Soren rode bikes a bit after school.

On Thursday, I did my long run indoors and then headed over to Keira's school to watch the Tiger Trek, a fundraiser for the school.  It was a 30 minute run/walk/dance/ect outside.  It was really fun, and I was glad I ran into Shannon this morning who asked me if I was going to go.  I don't think I would have thought of going on my own.

Friday was a long day.  It was the day that I was allowed to register for the Boston Marathon.  I was pretty stressed about this all week, since the process started on Monday.  I needed to be at the computer at exactly 10am to sign up, as it was first come first serve for all people who had qualified by 5 minutes or more.  I was super excited that I was able to get my application submitted.  I am still waiting for verification, which has been taking a couple business days to happen.  Hopefully I will get it Tuesday.  After this, I worked on packing for our trip to MI.  Sadly, Ryan had a last minute request at work that did not let him come with us.  We didn't get on the road as quickly as we probably should, but waited a bit hoping that Ryan would make it.  We had traffic and construction that plagued our drive.  We finally made it to Chipotle for dinner, and made it to Kris and Linda's a little before 11.  Soren didn't sleep hardly at all on the drive, taking a short nap early on, and then staying awake until we past the Detroit airport. 

Saturday was insanely busy.  We crammed in about a month's worth of Saturdays into today.  I got up early to run 6 miles with Valerie.  It was great to have a nice cool run with her.  We ran in her neighborhood, our go to place for running with little time.  We both had things going on this morning.  I rushed back so that I could get cleaned up and the kids dressed for Avery's baptism.  We made it in plenty of time and really enjoyed the baptism.  Bailey did a great job with her talk on baptism and musical number.  Keira really enjoyed Linda's talk on the Holy Ghost.  Soren was happy to meet another Soren too.
 Greg, Avery, and Ellyn
 Soren and Soren
 Bryn, Keira, and Miranda
 Keira and Avery
 Bryn and Avery

After the baptism, we went over to the MSU Tollgate Fall Open House.  I was really excited that this event was today and it worked out that we could attend.  We have gone to this event for the past couple of years, and the kids have enjoyed doing crafts and decorating pumpkins.  Oddly enough, this was the first year that we went on the hayride.  We were able to meet up with some friends too, Keira's friend Charlotte and her family.  

After leaving Tollgate, we stopped at REI, and then we went to Three Cedars.  This is always fun.  Their cider isn't quite as good as Parmenter's (so we only got a 1/2 gallon), but the whole experience is really fun for the kids.  We didn't do a hayride here, because Keira said we didn't need to since we already did one today.  We did have fun with the train, the corn box, and the mini tractors.  Soren did not want to leave.

Next, we headed back to Ann Arbor to Delhi Metropark to attend Lleyton's birthday.  Keira and Soren had a blast playing with their cousins, since they couldn't really "play" at the baptism.  The kids had a lot of fun on the playground.  Keira did not like the pinata.  She did not want to hit it, and instead pulled one of the strings.  Soren did not have a problem hitting it, but then did not like seeing it break.

We finished off the evening opening presents back at Greg and Ellyn's house.  It was a long long day for me and the kids.  Soren was so exhausted that when we got back to Kris and Linda's, he didn't even wake up when I changed him into his diaper and pjs.

Sunday morning, we were up and going again.  We attended church with Linda in the morning.  Keira and Soren were very well behaved.  We were unable to go to Parmenters on Saturday to pick up cider for Ryan since we would have problems keeping it cold.  We went over there after church and got a gallon of cider as well as a dozen donuts.  The kids played for a little while before I pryed them away from the train and small houses. 

We got on the road and had a slow drive back with many stops, but got in before dinner time.  The kids were happy to see Ryan and happy to be home.  It was a fun time, but it really wore me out!  I was glad I was able to fit in several of my favorite things from MI fall.  We hope to check out a farm nearby in Indiana.

No comments: