Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ryan's last Century and Fun around the town

This week was pretty much a standard week for us. The weekend was pretty fun, because Ryan had the Ride the Charx century ride and my mom came through town for the start of my dad and brother's West Shoreline bike tour.

On Monday, we had a busy day. We started off at the gym, and then went to the library for one of the last storytimes of the summer. As always, Keira and Soren had a blast.

We also noticed this sign at the civic center (next to the library). I think it is pretty cool that my hometown and current town are sister cities. Officials from Westerville were touring Novi today.

We did some errands, and Keira and Soren got balloons, which are always a hit.

That evening, once Ryan got home, we went to Maybury. I couldn't run still, so Keira got to bike. Soren didn't want out of the stroller because they were mowing.
On Tuesday, we really didn't do much at all today. It was nice to relax after such a busy day yesterday.

I did take Keira and Soren to the pool this evening while Ryan was at scouts.

Keira fell on the sidewalk coming home from the pool, and insisted that she wear a "jammy suit" to cover all of her scratches (which were very minor). Since she had a wet head and was pretty sad, I obliged, and she and Soren both wore squeezed into their snowmen pjs from last year and enjoyed singing the snowman song before bed. It really cheered her up.

On Wednesday, we went to the gym in the morning, and then played at home for a bit.

That night, I went out to Island Lake for TIA training. I rode 26 miles but did not run to rest my ankle.

On Thursday, I was fed up with my ankle bothering me. I was able to get in to the Dr for an 8:30 appointment, which was great. The doctor checked me out, and wasn't able to give me much new info other than rest, ice, and take more motrin. The big thing I did get was a prescription for physical therapy. I was very disappointed that I am not able to get it scheduled for several weeks, though. Hopefully I will be a lot better on my own by then, but it will still be helpful I am sure. After the appointment, I took Keira and Soren to the Sports Park, and we played there until lunchtime.

On Friday, we went to Kindermusik.

Afterwards, I went to the gym and then came home to see Ryan before he left to go up to Petosky for his ride. We got pizza for dinner tonight, and Keira and Soren helped me pick it up. They love carrying the boxes.

On Saturday, Ryan did his 105 mile ride. It was two loops, the first was very hilly and made a metric century (100K), and the second was another 42 miles or so. It had several very steep hills, including "the wall", which is 18% grade. I had made arrangements for Emma to watch Keira and Soren so I could run, but since that was not an option, I opted to bike instead. Emma lives right by Maybury, so it worked out great that I was able to take the kids over to her house. It was a bit tricky getting my mountain bike in the car, but I got it to work. I rode 2 laps of Maybury, which is something I have never done before. It felt pretty decent, and was a lot easier than the 17 miles of running that I had hoped to do. I am hoping that the two laps will help me for the upcoming Maybury TT in a few weeks.
My Team Marathon tattoos cames, and Keira and Soren modeled them for me:

We were hoping that my mom would arrive this evening before the kids had to go to sleep, but that would not be the case. They were pretty sad that they did not get to see either their Nana or Grandma today, so we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream instead.

My mom and Ryan did arrive about an hour after Keira and Soren went to bed.

On Sunday, Keira and Soren were very happy that there dad and Grandma were both here. We all went to church, and I was able to have Cody, my visiting teacher's orthopaedic husband, check out my ankle. He felt that it was tendinitis, and identified the tendons affected. He said that rest was what it needed, but that I could go ahead and race my final tri without risking further injury. It may take a bit longer to heal, but it should be fine. Afterwards, we went over to Kris and Linda's for dinner. It was Linda's birthday on Friday, so we were able to celebrate with her with this meal. It was a great way to end the weekend.

No comments: