Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sick Week!

This week was pretty much a down week for us. We spent the majority of it at home with Keira sick, and then both. We did have a couple highlights; our anniversary and that Ryan's friend Patrick, visited from Germany this weekend.

Monday was pretty much our most normal day this week. We started with the gym followed by storytime.

It was also Ryan and I's 7th wedding anniversary. Congratulations to us! We went out to dinner as a family to the Macaroni Grill to celebrate. We hadn't been there in a long time, and it was such a great start to the week.

On Tuesday, it was the start of the illnesses. Keira had been coughing during the night, and we woke up to a mess. Needless to say, we stayed in the house from Tuesday until Friday afternoon, dealing with coughing and a fever that was coming and going. I went out a bit in the evenings to take a much needed break from the sickness. Thanks to Ryan, I was able to pretty much get in all my regular weekly workouts completed in the evenings. We also got some cleaning/organizing done that probably would not have happened otherwise, as well as got went through things to donate and cleaned up my closet. Below are pictures of how we spent our week indoors.

On Friday afternoon, we went to the Dr because Keira was just not improving. The ruling was that it was a bad cold, and that she will likely be a lot better by Monday. Soren had also begun to have a runny nose today, and then came down with a fever at night as well. Ryan had gone to Canton to pick up Patrick, and stayed they both stayed at Kris and Linda's where there is more space. We were able to visit Patrick while we were in Muenchen, Germany, and it was ironic that Ryan hadn't seen him in YEARS before that time, and now he gets to see him twice so close. Patrick was coming through Detroit for a business trip and would only be here for the weekend.

On Saturday, the kids slept in VERY late, which was great for them to get the rest they needed. They seemed in pretty good spirits. Once we were finally able to get everyone up and ready, we came down to Kris and Linda's to eat our breakfast (everyone else had eaten long before we arrived). We wanted to do some sightseeing around Detroit, so we took everyone over to The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. I had never been inside before, and it was huge, and had all sorts of American history items that not only covered transportation, but housewares, civil rights, and other manufacturing items. Keira really enjoyed the trains (with a big engine like Polar Express) and a little "street" that on the ground going through the past 100 years of automobiles. Soren loved being able to be out of the house and enjoyed walking along the exhibits and the huge combine that he could go in. They both really liked this area of nothing, of course. We saw President Regan and Kennedy's cars, as well as the Wright Brother's plane, a round manufactured home circa 1920s (that was billed to be of the future), and the chair that President Lincoln was seated in when he was assassinated. Additionally, we boarded the bus where Rosa Parks would not give up her seat. There were several stations around the museum where Keira (and Kris) could make crayon rubbings of a plate representing the displays. There was also a station where Keira and Soren (with help) could build their own cars and race them down hills of various terrain.

We finished off the day with a meal at Sidetrack in Ypsilanti for some burgers, and then drove through Ann Arbor to show Patrick the UM campus and downtown. Keira and Soren were pretty much done at this point. We brought them home and got them tucked into bed before Ryan headed back to his parents house with Patrick for the night. It was a terrible night for Keira. She was just uncomfortable and had a hard time sleeping. She was up several times crying. Soren had a high fever again, and was up one more time than usual.

Needless to say, Sunday was a rough day for Keira, Soren, and I. Ryan and Patrick attended our church, but I stayed home with Keira and Soren. They got up at their normal times and wouldn't go back to sleep for some much needed rest. Ryan and Patrick left church early to help me out with them, and we took them over to Kris and Linda's for late lunch. Linda offered to watch them so Ryan and I could take Patrick around to see a few more things before taking him to the airport. We drove through downtown Plymouth, and then headed to Detroit. We drove by the science museum, DIA, Fox Theatre, Comerica Park and through Campus Martius to Hart Plaza. We took Jefferson north to Belle Isle, and drove around the island. Additionally, we drove into Gross Point to view the mansions from the road. It was nice to finish up in the nice part of town before getting on the freeway to head back to the airport.
For next week, hopefully, we can all get better this week and get out and get back to normal!

No comments: